Monday, 7 November 2011
Spinach and Quark Cannelloni (SYN FREE ON GREEN AND EXTRA EASY)
Preparation time = approx 20 mins, cooking time = approx 30-40 mins at 150 degrees.
FREE ON GREEN AND FREE ON EXTRA EASY. Cheese on top is from your healthy extra A choice.
1) Defrost frozen spinach in microwave ( I used approx 15 balls of frozen spinach, which when mixed with the quark filled a box of cannelloni).
2) When spinach is completely defrosted mix in a pot of Quark.
3) Add salt, pepper and herbs to taste and mix all together.
4) Using a small tea spoon take small amounts of the mixture and fill the uncooked cannelloni. I find it easier and less messy to do this over the baking dish you will be using. Stand the uncooked cannelloni on its end and fill from the top, tapping the cannelloni to get the mixture to the bottom. When it is filled, place on its side in the dish. Continue this way so the filled cannelloni are lined up as in previous photos.
5) When all the filled cannelloni and flat in the dish, cover with passatta. I used 1 carton to cover a box for filled cannelloni in a medium to large baking dish. (no need to pre-cook the cannelloni as this will cook in the oven with the passatta and soften like lasagne sheets do).
6) Grate cheese over the mixture. I used 3 healthy extra choices for this medium to large dish. You don't have to use any, but it is yummy with the cheese on top.
7) Pre-heat the oven, and then cook on approx 150 degrees, for about 30-40 mins until the cheese is golden on top.
And then eat as much of it as you like as it is completely free!!! Nom nom nom nom!
Posted by Roo-Roo at 19:57